søndag 22. mars 2009

illuminate your NOs on your vacancy signs

We went out again this saturday. I don't know how to describe it. It was new, different, fun, random, confusing and redundant at the same time. I'm trying to focus on the fun part.

Right now I'm supposed to rehearse for a test, but my head is spinning. It's like it's been blended by a "WILL IT BLEND?" blender. Not a regular one, it's not even close to strong enough to mash up my head this bad. I guess the blender reference comes from todays smoothie making.

The subject I'm supposed to concentrate on isn't making things better to say the least. All the alienation, disturbance, confusion and wondering from the period 1900-1980 is wearing on me. Maybe I'm drawn to the dysfunctionality of it. Those who know me best has probably noticed my fascination for that on more than one occasion. That reminds me.. I've applied to psychology, it's actually my 2nd choice at the moment. It's an intriguing subject.

I've been listening to death cab for cutie all evening. I don't know if it's for better or for worse, but in any case it makes me feel good. A gloomy sort of good. 

You norwegian people (aka everybody) - feel the anxiety:

Du våkner

Du våkner av sorg om natten;
du vet hvad det er;
igjen har han sittet og sett på dig.
Igjen var han nær.

Han ser på dig når du spiser.
Han ser på dig når du vil le.
Han ser på dig når du sover.
Du våkner ofte av det.

Du våkner i svette om natten,
badet i iskoldt vann.
Drømmen lyver aldri:
Ditt isflak driver fra land.

Alltid den samme mann.


      - Jens Bjørneboe




It's like a book elegantly bound, but in a language you can't read

You got to spend some time, love

You got to spend some time with me

And I know that you'll find love

I will posses your heart


- Death cab for cutie

Ingen kommentarer: